Tom Borgia - Controller/Risk Manager
Leader. Energetic. Detailed. Prepared.
Tom is responsible for managing all financial operations for the company, including preparation of financial statements, forecasting, and annual budgeting. In addition to focusing on risk management initiatives and client service, he provides direction and leadership for the accounting team and operations staff.
Having been an integral part of the JRCC management team for three years, Tom has made an immediate impact in the strategic planning of the company. Leading by example, he serves as a mentor for his staff and is always prepared to share information, recommendations and opinions for how to best accomplish the task at hand. Tom is highly respected for the insight he’s brought from his past experiences.
“Having come from a highly-structured corporate culture, with exposure to several major construction markets and clients, has allowed me to build a solid foundation and bring those large company principals to JRCC and ultimately enhance our firm’s growth.”
“Tom isn’t afraid to tackle issues and learn new things. And he has proven to be a valuable leader.”
– Russ Suddeth, Sr. V.P.
Tom brings an impressive background and substantial experience, including:
- More than a decade of financial management experience in the construction management industry.
- Served as an assistant controller for one of the top five largest general contractors in the country, with responsibility for a region with annual revenues of over $300 million.
- As part of the management team his responsibilities included development of monthly/quarterly financial statements, financial forecasts, and budgets. In addition, Tom was responsible for oversight of all general accounting functions, including AR/AP, account reconciliation, and cash management.
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree from Johnson & Wales University School of Business (Providence, RI) in 1999.
- President of the Central Florida Chapter of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) and a longstanding member of the organization.
- Leads JRCC’s Volunteering Program, organizing activities that allow us to help give back to the communities in which we live and work.
“He’s organized. His follow-up is excellent. He’s detailed. And he wants to do what’s right. That’s a great combination.” – Donna Defoe, Accounting Department
“It has been extremely satisfying to be involved with a company that values relationships with their clients and their employees. It’s important that we, as leaders of the company remain focused on both short term goals and long term stability. A key differentiator for us at JRCC is that everyone lives our core values and is committed to the team.”
Tom and his wife Sarah are members at the Church of the Annunciation in Altamonte Springs, and are both active members in the community. The family resides in Lake Mary. His hobbies include spending time with their two young children, Nolan and Charlotte, as well as many outdoor activities including golf, skiing and running.